Thai Seafood Curry over Coconut Jasmine Rice
This is a simple and fairly authentic tasting curry. If you aren't able to get grouper or prefer a less expensive alternative, you may substitute halibut, haddock, tilapia, or other firm white fish.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons mae ploy green curry paste (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined (I prefer 16-20s so they are not overdone)
- 1⁄2 lb scallops (either sea or bay scallops will work, but I prefer sea)
- 1⁄2 lb grouper, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup light coconut milk (about 1/2 can)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (AKA Nam Pla)
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 10 snake beans, cut in 2-3-inch pieces or 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into flowers (see below for instructions)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- To cut carrot flowers, peel or scrub carrots and cut into 4 inch lengths.
- Using a very sharp knife cut a small V out of the side by placing the sharp edge of the knife down the length of the carrot piece, twice.
- Repeat this 3-4 times per carrot piece.
- Slice into 1/4-1/2" thick 'flowers' to finish.
- In a saucepan with glass lid, combine 1 1/2 cup water, 3/4 cup coconut milk, and rice.
- Cover and bring just to a boil; immediately reduce heat to lowest setting and cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Do not remove lid or stir while cooking.
- Heat the oils in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and saute until fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- Add the shrimp, scallops, and fish; saute for 3-5 minutes until shrimp is almost done.
- Add the vegetables (beans, carrots, peppers, lemongrass) and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer covered for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass and serve over jasmine coconut rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more