Elswet's Jasmine Rice
This is jasmine rice as served with Juanita's Seafood Gumbo or Elswet's Pot Roast. It is not overpowering and can be served with any style meat entre from chicken to lasagne to seafood and anything in between. Very versatile.
- Ready In:
- 2 2 cups brown rice or 2 cups white rice (may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon loose jasmine tea, with flowers
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Deposit the loose tea into a tea ball and drop into the 1/4 cup hot water and let steep.
- Pour 5 cups cold water to a 2 quart pot, add 1 teaspoon salt and rice, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until done; approximately 20 minutes.
- When fully cooked, drain rice and deposit into a large bowl.
- Add margarine, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper, stirring well to mix.
- Remove tea ball from 1/4 cup jasmine tea and set aside; pour tea over rice and stir well to mix.
- Serve and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Enjoyed! A couple changes. I steep the tea bag right in the pot of water and rice for 5 minutes. I added all the ingredients from the start using 1/4 cup of butter not the 1/2 cup margarine. Skipped the 1/4 cup of water. No need to strain. Just stirred and served. Walla yummy goodness with ease. Made for Comfort cafe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=288536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=915Reply
see 3 more