Stuffed Button Mushrooms Low Carb!!!
This is probably the lowest carb mushroom recipe you can find. Stuffed mushroom that is. They are simply delicuous. I served them today for lunch with shrimp that was sauteed in my Recipe #370244 . I must say, being on the low carb diet does not feel like I am missing anything with this.
- Ready In:
- 6 large button mushrooms (stem broken off and inside cleaned of brown ribs)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (at room termperature)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 marinated artichoke hearts (drained of oil)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon crushed French's French fried onions
- salt and pepper
- Place the artichokes in a food processor and process until completely minced.
- In a small sauce pan, add the cream cheese, garlic, heavy cream and minced artichoke hearts.
- Cook on medium heat stirring constantly until the cream cheese is melted and creamy.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add in the shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the french fried onion crumbs.
- Butter a foil lined baking dish.
- Put a tbsp of the filling in each mushroom and place them on a baking dish.
- Bake on 400degrees F. for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown on top.