photo by felicia822
- Ready In:
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon basil sugar (recipe below)
- 4 large strawberries (diced)
- 2 large kiwi (diced)
- 12 ounces mango nectar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the rice and coconut milk and let it come to a boil. Stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- 2. Add water a little at a time until rice is done and sticky.
- 3. Once the rice become sticky add the condensed milk and basil sugar.
- Basil Sugar.
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar, ¼ cup Fresh Basil Leaves. Place basil and sugar in a food processor, and process until basil is very finely chopped and the sugar is fragrant and tinted green.
- Mango Reduction
- In a sauce pan heat and reduced by half 12 oz of mango nectar. Add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to ½ cup of warm water and whisk to incorporate. Add the flour mixture to the mango nectar one teaspoon at a time until it thickens.
- Serve the rice on a plate or in a bowl with the diced fruit on top, covered with the mango reduction.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!