Freshened up Leftover Rice
- Ready In:
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- In a skillet, heat the butter and then on low heat saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes, just to soften it.
- Toss the rice with the lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice to the skillet and reheat.
- Remove from heat and toss with the basil before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is exactly what I was looking for tonight! I had about 6 cups of leftover rice, so I steamed it back to life first and then followed your recipe. I didn't have any fresh herbs so I used dried dill since we were having salmon. Based on another review, I went easy on the lemon juice and zest and just kept adding it in if I wanted more. It came out great. Thanks!
This was a fun way to reheat rice, made it seem like something other than leftovers. I used a combination of fresh parsley and thyme. I would probably reduce the amount of lemon next time. Also, I will try reheating the rice in the microwave before adding it to the skillet - it would stay softer that way.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Realtor in both Louisiana and Mississippi Cooking destresses me.