Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- If using dried tomatoes, cover with boiling water in a bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes and drain.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Press excess liquid from spinach and combine with tomatoes and remaining ingredients, except chicken and breadcrumbs.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper and pound lightly with a mallet or other heavy flat object to flatten slightly.
- Divide spinach mixture into equal portions and spread over each chicken breast.
- Roll up chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks.
- Roll in breadcrumbs.
- Arrange chicken in a shallow pan and bake 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is opaque throughout.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellant chicken!! Very tasty and easy to do. Loved the spinach and sun dried tomato mix, it really complimented the chicken. I did it in a shallow dish but couldn't seem to get it to brown the way I thought it should, it didn't look wonderful as it should have, but that could be my fault the way I rolled them, in any case it made no difference to the taste which was wonderful, thanks for sharing a good one!