Stove Top Stuffed Chicken Breasts
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine stuffing mix and water in large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet.
- Add broccoli to the stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spread evenly on flattened chicken breasts to within 1/2 inch of the outer edges.
- Roll up each chicken breasts starting at the short end enclosing the stuffing mixture.
- Place the chicken, seam side down, in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Mix the soup and milk and pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through 170 degrees.
Questions & Replies
I kinda took my own spin on this. I did flatten my chicken out. But because it is only my husband and myself I only did 2 chicken breasts and I used broccoli and cauliflower stuffed the chicken laid them in the pan and used the rest of the stuffing around the chicken breasts. Mixed the soup and poured that over the chicken and stuffing and veggies. Then in place of the Parmesan cheese I used sharp cheddar. I think next time to I may make it a version of Chicken Divan and add the curry.
EXCELLENT DISH which I highly recommend! Flavors blend well together. I baked it uncovered and last 15 minutes of one hour covered. I baked it at 350 degrees. We will have this as a repeat of our favorite dinners! Thanks Brittany for sharing this recipe. Prepared as a participant in the Spring 2008 PAC Event.