Southwestern Cornbread Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix or (16 ounce) package regular cornbread mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (may sub kidney or pinto beans)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or 1 15-oz. can corn)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped (may use orange or purple peppers)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 5 tablespoons artificial bacon bits
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Prepare the cornbread according to directions on package; cool and crumble.
- Set aside.
- Mix Ranch salad dressing mix with the buttermilk and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Layer a large bowl with half each of cornbread, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, corn, bell peppers, cheese, bacon bits and green onions; spoon half of dressing evenly over the top. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and dressing.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
Join The Conversation