Mexican Cornbread Salad
photo by Grandma Deb
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 dash sage
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- 1 cup green onion
- Prepare cornbread, adding green chilies and sage; COOL.
- Combine Ranch dressing mix, sour cream, and mayo;set aside.
- Crumble 1/2 cornbread into big bowl.
- Top with 1/2 each of: beans, sour creme mixture, green pepper, and next 5 ingredients.
- REPEAT LAYERS.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Serve in lettuce lined bowls, top with tomato wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I CAN'T STOP EATING THIS!!! Wow! I monkeyed with this to use some extras. I used a can of black beans and a can of black-eyed peas instead of the pinto beans, 1/2 c. bacon bits (divided in 2 portions) instead of the bacon, halved grape tomatoes instead of chopped large tomatoes. I also skipped the green pepper (and used extra bacon) to accommodate hubby. This is wonderful! I will make it again and again and again. It will also go on my "for company" list - great appearance. THANKS!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello everyone, My name is Paula, I'm 40 years old, married 18 yrs. and have 3 children, 1 bird and Rocky the ferret. I love them all. I also love to cook and look and new and different recipes. I am in college full time working on my bachelors degree in Nursing Science. Hope you enjoy my recipes and I would love to hear what you think about them or just to share a recipe with me. Bye for now, your fellow food lover.