Hot Mexican Cornbread
photo by Darkhunter
- Ready In:
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except the oil, and reserve half of the cheese for toping.
- Put the oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Pour over cornmeal mixture in bowl.
- Stir fast to melt cheese.
- Pour mixture into hot skillet and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
EASY AND YUMMY! I was going to post my mom's classic Mexican Cornbread recipe, but there are already so many of them and this is so close to hers(no milk, 1 medium onion chopped vs green onion) that I decided to just go ahed and rate this one. Mom made this for many years and took it to many church pot lucks before the days when Mexican food was so widespread and our town didn't even have a Taco Bell much less a Mexican restaurant and we had yet to discover joys fajitas, margaritas, burritos, nachos or green chile sauce! Try this cornbread Chili Sundae-style in a bowl with chili over the top!