This salad has an amazing flavor. My most requested recipe hands down! The Greek Seasoning add a fantastic flavor. This will be a big hit anytime you serve it. Great for church pot luck! Easily doubles (I've had to quadrouple before)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 2 envelopes ranch dressing mix
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium red peppers
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Cornbread according to package directions, adding Ranch seasoning and Cavendar's to mix.
- I usually add 3 tablespoon of Cavendar's, but love the flavor and have been known to add more.
- Bake according to package directions, cool.
- (Can be prepared a day ahead) Crumble Cornbread in a large bowl.
- Add bacon, onions, and peppers.
- Stir well.
- Add mayo 1/4 cup at a time until cornbread begins to bind.
- Usually takes 1 cup, may take less.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and stir again.
- Taste again adjust for dryness by adding more mayo tablespoons at a time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I only made half a recipe, but now wish I'd made the whole thing! This is soooooooo good! I can sit down with a bowl of this like a person does with a bag of chips. I just don't get tired of eating it! Based on comments from another reviewer I only used 1 1/2 teaspoons of Greek seasoning, and that was just right for half a recipe. Also, somehow I missed the part about adding the ranch dressing and Greek seasoning to the cornbread batter; I added them to the mayonnaise instead and that worked fine. I also added about 1/2 cup of finely shredded cheese. Thanks for posting!