Ricotta Spinach Dip with chips
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This tastes just as rich an creamy as if it were made with cream cheese or sour cream. It can be made one day in advance. Found in one of the Moosewood cookbooks. ENJOY!
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (3/4 pound)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese (can use fat free)
- 3 -4 3 -4 green onions, very finely minced or 1 cup fresh chives, finely minced
- 5 -6 healthy radishes, finely minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh dill, minced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced water chestnut (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- olive (optional)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Stem the spinach and clean it thoroughly.
- Dry completely using a salad spiner and mince fine.
- Place the ricotta in a medium large bowl.
- Use a wire whisk or wooden spoon to beat until quite smooth (or use the kitchen aid mixer) Stir in the spinach and all other ingredients, except garnishes.
- Cover tightly and chill until very cold.
- Serve with chips, raw veggies, or good crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked this dip alot. You could taste that it was really "healthy" for you! I LOVE spinach dips, but so many of them are packed with tons of cheese, sour cream, or mayo, which makes them hard to eat all the time. In this recipe, the ratio of fresh spinach to ricotta cheese favors the spinach a bit more. I thought the addition of the dill gives this a really fresh flavor. I did find that I had to be a bit generous with the salt and pepper, just to bring out some more flavor. I also did not use water chestnuts, and stuck with the fresh radish instead.Reply