- Ready In:
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions.
- Stir in butter, parmesan cheese and eggs while spaghetti is still hot.
- Press spaghetti into a deep dish pie pan.
- Brown meat and drain, add onions, green peppers cook until tender.
- Mix in seasonings, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cook until all ingredients are warm.
- Spread cottage cheese over pressed spaghetti.
- Add meat mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven spread mozzarella cheese on top and bake 5 minutes more.
- Cut into pie shaped pieces and serve.
Join The Conversation
This has been one of my favorite recipes for years. This recipe is the real deal! I do not vary the recipe at all since all of my dealings with similar recipes were not up to par. I've given it out time and time again, and the only friends who were disappointed, varied it or a 9x13 baking pan. I will never lose it again!