Quick & Easy Roast Beef
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I was too lazy to go out to dinner, had a small roast defrosted, and needed to cook quickly because it was getting late. This is what I had in the house so I cooked it.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs beef roast
- 3 -4 medium potatoes (skin on, chunk into 2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup yam (cubed)
- 1 large onion (chop 1-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (whole)
- 3 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Horsey Sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in 10" or 12" cast iron pan on medium to medium high.
- sear meat on all sides.
- Add potatoes cut side down to brown at the same time meat is browning, don't crowd.
- remove meat to platter and brown remaining potatoes and kabocha (yam or squash).
- remove potatoes and kabocha to same plater.
- add onion to pan and brown until almost carmelized.
- add garlic to pan and cook 1 minute, then remove both from pan.
- Add mushrooms to pan and cook about 1 minute (add a little water, wine or broth if dry). Remove from pan.
- Turn burner off.
- In same cast iron pan, layer potatoes and kabocha into the bottom of pan, then add onions and garlic, put roast on top, then surround with mushrooms.
- Put into preheated oven and bake 40 minutes (20 minutes per pound of meat).
- Optional: Mix yogurt and horseradish well to make horsey sauce.
- Remove pan from oven, cover with foil (to keep moisture in pan), rest for 10 minutes. Carve and serve with horsey sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION