My daughter sent me this recipe some years ago. Whenever I am lucky enough to find pumpkin in the shops this is a dish I prefer to cook. Made today and served with Pollo Sorprisa. Tasty and so easy to make. Serves 4 as a side dish, 2 as a supper dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pumpkin, peeled seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces onions, chopped
- 4 ounces carrots, chopped
- 4 ounces celery, chopped
- 6 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1⁄2 pint plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Steam the pumpkin till tender; drain.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onions, carrots and celery till soft but not brown.
- Add the breadcrumbs and herbs, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly butter a baking dish, and place half of the pumpkin on the bottom.
- Top with the vegetable mix, and, then the remaining pumpkin.
- Mix the yogurt, oil, egg and cheese together and put in the pan in which you fried the vegetables. Cook over low heat till cheese has melted.
- Pour the cheese mix over the pumpkin, place in over for 30 minutes, at 180°C or till the cheese topping just begins to change colour.