The Gourmets' Pumpkin Bake
photo by Brian Holley
- Ready In:
- 500 g prepared pumpkin
- 100 g butter
- 125 g chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 185 g carrots, chopped
- 125 g celery, chopped
- 185 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 3⁄4 pint / 450 ml plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 ounces / 125 gm hard cheese, grated
- Steam Pumpkin till just soft. Drain and set aside.
- melt butter in pan and fry the onions, garlic, celery and carrots til soft, not browned. Add herbs and breadcrumbs. Stir to mix well, remove from heat.
- Grease a 1.5 litre baking dish.
- Using half of the pumpkin cover the bottom of the dish. Place the stuffing mixture on top of the pumpkin and cover with the remaining pumpkin.
- Over low heat mix yogurt, sesame oil and cheese till cheese melts, stir in the egg. remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce over the pumpkin, and sprinkle with the chives.
- Bake in oven 180c till nice and golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY