Chicken, Broccoli and Fusilli Pasta
photo by BakingGuru
- Ready In:
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 lb fusilli
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine
- 16 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minute Using a slotted spoon remove broccoli to a large bowl. Add fusilli to same pot and cook pasta al dente (almost done). Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Crush garlic and add to oil, slice chicken to 1/2 inch strips and add to oil. Be careful not to let the garlic brown or burn. Cook chicken about 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a bowl with broccoli. Add wine, chicken broth and cream to the skillet and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minute Add pasta, broccoli, chicken, and parmesan and toss until mixture is heated through and coated evenly with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was INCREDIBLE! Not only did I have fun making it (how can you not with fusilli pasta?!), but it was relatively easy to make and DELICIOUS to the whole family served with garlic bread and field green salad w/white balsamic vin. dressing and of course wine for the adults. The only trouble I had was I should have crushed the garlic and put it in a separate bowl, b/c the high heat caused the first clove to start to brown right away, but if I'd been ready to dump the garlic and chicken in together, it would have been perfect. THANK YOU!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook!!! I am always looking for new recipes to try for my three young boys and for my husband(DH). It is challenging at times to find something that everyone likes. I am always trying out new recipes and making things that are simple, tasty, and satisfying to everyone. I have been baking since I was about 9 years old and to this day it is my passion. I love to see a smile on someon's face when they bite into something so tasty. It gives me to best feeling.</p>