I make this all summer long. We have to have this anytime we grill or BBQ which is often. Never, never any left-over.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 lbs red potatoes
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Chop egg whites.
- In a large bowl, stir together potato, egg whites, 1/2 t. salt and green onions.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks in a small bowl; add in remaining 1/2 t. salt, mayo, pickle relish, mustard, pepper, and celery seed; stirring until well blended.
- Gently stir yolk mixture into potato mixture; adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 hours (it is even better if you can chill this overnight and serve the next day).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My husband loves this and, while I liked it, next time I will add a healthy dose of cider vinegar to counteract some of the relish sweetness. I will also add chopped celery along with the celery seed and some additional dressing. I'm not typically a fan of either mustard or eggs in potato salad, but enjoyed both in this recipe. I might try red onion, as others have said. Thanks for the recipe. What did we ever do before online recipes and reviews? Yes, I do still use cookbooks too.2Reply
see 328 more