Deluxe Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch - 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard (see note)
- 6 -8 blanched asparagus spears, thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, cut into cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Gently boil the potatoes until just tender. Drain well and cool to room temperature.
- Place the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and mustard in large salad bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the potatoes and remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
- NOTE: Coarser whole-grain Dijon mustard is sold at most supermarkets alongside the regular smooth Dijon mustard.
- NOTE: To blanch the asparagus, cook in boiling water for one minute. Drain well, cool with ice-cold water, and then drain well again.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.