Pork Curry in a Hurry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe came from the pork producers of Nova Scotia, Canada that I got many years ago. I made it for the first time the other day and everyone loved it. It is also very easy to make and great for using left over pork.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup pork stock or 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 cup apple, wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped chutney (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute onion, red pepper, celery, and peanuts in butter.
- Stir in flour, then add stock.
- Add chutney, curry, salt, pepper, and sugar. Simmer 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring often.
- Add the apple wedges and cooked pork and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with hot rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We left school at 6:45, and this dinner was on the table by 7:30. Fast and DELICIOUS! We all loved it. I added a chopped yellow squash with the onions, and about 1/2 cup frozen peas with the pork. Can't wait to try with other leftovers, like chicken or lamb. Used half sweet curry and half hot curry. Perfect.Reply
Thank heaven for leftovers. We had some leftover pork roast I wanted to use tonight and started looking for a recipe; found Pork Curry in a Hurry. Except for decreasing the butter I made it pretty much as written; it was easy and had great flavor. It's chock full of fruits and vegetables and healthy. You might wonder about the apples but they make a great addition. I'd add more chutney next time but that's about it. If you like curry and chutney, try this. I'll plan leftover pork to have this again!Reply
see 6 more