Pork Chop Potato Bake
Got this out of an old Amish recipe book of my mother's. It is so simple, and so delish!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 pork loin chops
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (heated until hot)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Mix salt, pepper and flour together in a bowl; set aside.
- Brown the pork chops in oil until just brown on both sides (do not cook through) and place them in the bottom of 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Place a layer of raw sliced potatoes on top of chops.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the flour mixture over top.
- Add another layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle remaining flour mixture over top.
- Pour the hot milk and melted butter over the potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We really liked these pork chops. The five year old was thrilled with these and asked for them the second day. I used very thick (about an inch) pork chops and they were tender. I imagined the sauce thickening but it did not get very thick. After sitting for about 10 minutes it started to thicken. I don't want to call this recipe "bland" because the milk did add flavors (and it was delicious) but everyone (except the 5 year old) thought it needed something to bring it to the WOW level. I plan to make this again using more black pepper and maybe some cayenne and some sauteed or caramelized onions. The potatoes were so creamy even though they were not covered in a thick sauce. This is a great recipe.Reply