Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
From "Everyday Italian" on the food network. Simple and quick and a nice way to keep pork moist and tasty. I think it would go very nicely with a creamy risotto.
- Ready In:
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (10 -12 ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 1 cup dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend.
- Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate.
- Place the cheese in a third pie plate.
- Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere.
- Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat.
- Add two pork chops and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. (Note: for thinner chops, adjust time accordingly).
- Repeat with additional oil and remaining chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious chop. I used thick cut boneless pork chops. I prefer panko crumbs, so used them. Unfortunately, I discovered to late I was out of eggs. Now what? Didn't want to go to the store, so I dried the chops well and covered them with a light coating of oil and then dredged in the crumb mixture. I did have to press firmly a couple of times, but they came together very nicely. The other thing I did differently was to fry them on one side and then placed them, in the pan, into a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Perfect! Made for Help a Naked Necipe photo tag game. :)