Michigan Cherry Dark Chocolate Fudge
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 2 (12 ounce) packages hersheys special dark chocolate chips
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups michigan dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with non-stick butter flavored baking spray and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt chocolate chips and condensed milk over low heat until just smooth. Stir in vanilla, cherries and nuts and pour into glass baking dish.
- Chill until firm, slice and watch it disappear!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for Christmas. Even though we live in Ohio, "Michigan" cherries do not seem to make their way to our markets. I used 10 oz. of dried cherries that I bought at Walmart. I used a double boiler to melt the chocolate. I did not have any nuts, so I left them out. This is a delicious fudge, but very rich. We will make this again. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #993366;>I love to create new recipes or adapt existing recipes to suit my family. I hardly ever make a dish the same way twice, experimenting is such fun! <br /> <br />I'm a mom to 3 fun and busy kids 13,12, 7. I enjoy cooking and learning new fast and easy recipes. I usually cook with my kids, so I'm always searching for kid-friendly recipes - both in prep and in taste. I've been cooking with my kids since they could sit up and pour. They love to help (and sample!), and they've never ever been picky eaters, I like to think there's a connection there. Involve them and the creative sensory process engages them. The pride of ownership makes them enjoy the food. It works for us.<br /> </span></p> <p><span style=color: #993366;>My heart is devoted to volunteering at schools, kids' activities and autism awareness advocate. My evenings are frantic shuttling my kiddos to their activities/sports and cheering them on. I love it!</span></p> <p><span style=color: #993366;>I'm also a freelance writer/designer and enjoy cooking, reading, movies, shopping. </span></p>