Mexican Cheese Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 (6 ounce) cans white meat chicken
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, chopped or grated
- tortilla chips
- Saute peppers and onions in butter in dutch oven.
- Add flour and stir constantly until thickened.
- Add chicken broth and stir until thickens a little.
- Add chicken, cheese, and spices.
- Cook on medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Add half and half and stir 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve with crunched up tortilla chips (I use Bite Size Tostitos).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!