Marmalade Glazed Pork Chops
photo by GirlEatsWorld
- Ready In:
- 4 pork chops, bone in,about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon oil, for browning
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄8 cup orange marmalade
- 3⁄8 cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine marmalade, chili sauce, mustard and cumin, mixing well to combine, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper and brown in hot oil about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Lower heat a bit and saute onion until softened, about 5 minutes, adding a little more oil if needed.
- Add marmalade mixture to onions, stirring well, and let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Return chops to skillet, turning to coat with the glaze and cook over low heat about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG! This is delicious! I adjusted the ingredients for 2 servings, and used a sugar-free marmalade and it was fantastic! My DH raved about it. He wants to try it on boneless ribs next. These chops were tender and juicy and the sauce is out of this world. I served it with white rice and a salad. It really was the perfect meal. Quick, easy, inexpensive and delicious. Thanks Kelly for this new one for my favorites cookbook!
You HAVE to try this ! The saw is so good I just wanted to lick my plate ! I started making this and found that I only had 1/2 the marmalade called for so I substituted honey....yum! Same thing with the chili sauce....I had none so I used spicy salsa....WOW ! What a great kick that was....The sweet and the hot were great poured over the pork. Will definitely make this one again....same as I did !!
Absolutely delicious! I used fast fry chops for this, doubled the recipe and used 9 chops to feed 4 people, there was noting left at all, everyone enjoyed the chops very much. I served them with baked rice and salad. Thank you Kelly for posting this great recipe, I'll be making it again soon....Kittencal:)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Pittsburgh - Animal lover. - Traveler - Lover of all things food