I am posting this in response for a request on the boards for a recipe to use up some mangoes. I made this yesterday, but the original recipe had way too much sugar, so I've adjusted the recipe to the way I will make it in the future.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (1 cup may be used if mangoes are not very ripe)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Combine flour and soda, whisking together.
- Form well in center.
- Place well beaten eggs in well and with a spoon mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into greased breadpan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Turn out onto cooling rack.
- Cool to room temperature, then slice and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 15 more