Original recipe comes from Weight Watchers - 3 pts per serving
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 medium egg whites, beaten
- 3 large bananas, ripe
- 1 cup rolled oats, uncooked coarse oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add oil and eggs; mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Add bananas and oatmeal to batter.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch.
- This should take 45 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I thought this was a GREAT recipe! I used all whole wheat flour, applesauce for the oil, Splenda for the brown sugar (didn't use brown sugar at all), added 1 tsp cinn & vanilla. I was nervous as to the amount of bananas the recipe wanted, since they come in all sizes, but I used 1 1/2 cups very ripe, mashed bananas & that worked great! I also added a few tbsp of mini choc chips--yum! I also used 1/2 cup Eggbeaters, not regular eggs. I baked these as jumbo muffins & got 10 (350 degrees for 20 min!). They had a delicious flavor & heartiness. Thank you so much for sharing!1Reply
see 13 more