Mango Black Bean Salsa
From Fine Cooking's "Cooking Fresh." My version doesn't use oil. This is a refreshing salsa/salad that can be served over spiced fish or chicken. We even served it over chili spiced grilled pork chops! It is tasty cold and warmed as well.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (I like Westbrae Organic)
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and chopped (5 oz)
- 1 medium tomatillo, paper covering discarded and diced (3 oz)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped (1.5 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all in a bowl and mix well. Store in refrigerator.