Luby's Cafeteria German Chocolate Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A sweet, tasty treat from the popular cafeteria.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted (no substitutions)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (either storebought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, flour, cornstarch and cocoa.
- Add water and melted butter; whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add the milk and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the coconut, pecans and vanilla.
- Pour batter into the pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION