Tangy Lemon Cheesecake Bars
This was in a magazine called "First". I cut it out because it sounded so yummy. I finally made these for Christmas Eve and they were a big hit...kept a few for a photo...crumbs and all...:)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- Line an 8" or 9" square pan with a sheet of aluminum foil extending 2' beyond 2 sides of the pan.
- Grate 1 tsp of the yellow zest from a lemon and squeeze 3 tbs. juice.
- Beat butter, salt, 1/2 tsp lemon zest and 1/4 cup sugar until creamy.
- On low speed, beat in flour until crumbly.
- Beat in about 1 tbs lemon juice until dough just holds together.
- Press dough into bottom of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Bake crust until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Beat cheese with 2/3 cup sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, 1/2 tsp lemon zest and 2 tbs. lemon juice.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake until cheesecake is firm and top puffs, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before cutting.
- Lift cheesecake out of pan using foil as handles.
- Cut into triangles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow, wow, wow Teresa. These were awesome, so good. Quick and really easy to make. We loved them. I made 1/2 the recipe for the two of us, wishing that I would have made the whole recipe, next time and there will be a next time. The tart lemon flavor is nestled in creamy cheesecake goodness. The bars really satisfied the cheesecake craving we were having, without all the calories and fuss. The lemon flavor is soft and subtle and the shortbread crust is excellent, crispy and perfect. Thank you for sharing your lovely recipe. It was the perfect ending to our wonderful Jamaican feast. Made FYC Tag Game 2015.Reply
see 12 more