Classic Tangy Lemon Cheesecake
photo by JoyfulCook
- Ready In:
- Crush the biscuits (if you can not get ginger flavour use a plain biscuit) and add the warmed margarine and mix well - line a 28cm inch pie dish with the biscuit mix and bake at 175c for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve Jelly in boiling water, allow to cool and add the zest and juice of two lemons (average sized).
- Beat the evaporated milk so that it forms slight peaks and looks fluffy add about a third to the room temperature cream cheese and beat until it becomes creamy then add the rest of the milk, lastly add the sugar and vanilla.
- Add the creamed mixture to the jelly - mixing well - using the beaters for a few seconds on low will be perfect and pour into the pie crust.
- Chill in the Fridge either overnight or for 4 hours. Decorate and enjoy.
- You can make two smaller pies and they freeze really well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We now reside back in England after returning from Australia after most of our working life there. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in many countries when I was younger and therefore many of my recipes reflect this! Love to cook. love to travel too