Key Lime Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice (Floribbean brand)
- 2 teaspoons lime rind, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add key lime juice, lime rind and vanilla.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Sift in flour and baking soda.
- Mix to blend thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into a greased 10" Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes before turning cake out of pan.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by combining confectioners' sugar and key lime juice.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour glaze over warm cake.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just a person who likes to eat.