Kate L's Tipsy Mushroom Pepperoni Pizza
- Ready In:
- 1 Boboli pizza crust, thin crust pizza (or $notetemplate1$ #265466)
- 1⁄2 cup boboli pizza sauce (5 ounces, or $notetemplate1$ #255242)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, such as Sargento shredded Italian 6-cheese blend
- 18 slices pepperoni, preferably Margarita brand (or any good pepperoni)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sauteed (from $notetemplate1$ #323900)
- If making own pizza crust and/or pizza sauce, prepare them first.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, or follow directions for pizza cooker.
- Spread pizza sauce over browned side of Boboli crust.
- Sprinkle fennel seeds over pizza. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pizza, followed by special gourmet-blend cheese.
- Lay out 12 slices of pepperoni around the outer edge of the pizza, then distribute the 6 remaining slices on an inner circle. Voila, you have marked your pizza for 6 slices!
- Prepare Tipsy Fat-Free Microwave -Sauteed Mushrooms (Recipe#323900), in which 2 cups of sliced mushrooms are cooked in 1/2 cup dry sherry for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes in the microwave, and then drained. (We love Portabello mushrooms on our pizza and the slight hint of sherry drives us wild. For a pantry-raid pizza, drained canned sliced mushrooms will do in a pinch, although it's not as good.).
- Distribute sauteed mushrooms over top of pizza. I try to be artistic.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown. (If using directions from Recipe#255466 #255466, I found that 10 minutes at 500 degrees was a bit too long.).
- Cut into 6 slices and serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation