Italian Pineapple Chicken
From Taste of Home's "Five Ingredient Cookbook." Very easy and yummy! I might also try marinating the chicken in the salad dressing, grilling the individual components instead of sauteing, then slicing the chicken and serving on a bed of lettuce as a nice salad.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, shredded (optional)
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Pour salad dressing into a shallow bowl; dip chicken in dressing.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add pineapple slices to the skillet; cook for 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned. Place a slice on each chicken breast half. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this as a grilled chicken recipe...it just seemed that this recipe cried out for the grill! I marinated the chicken breasts in the dressing for about 30 minutes. Then grilled over a medium hot grill for about 15 minutes total. I used the swiss cheese in the recipe. I think I'll try it with Provolone or Mozzarella next time...seems like a better pairing. DS loved this recipe. I loved the mix of the sweetness from the pineapple and the smokiness of the grilled chicken. This would make a fabulous sandwich! Thanks for posting. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.Reply