Chicken With Apples and Stuffing
photo by PianoCook
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix, flavor of choice
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop chicken, season with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, rubbing dry spices in thoroughly.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat, adding honey as soon as the chicken hits the pan and starts sizzling! Toss to coat chicken. Remove as soon as chicken is cooked on all sides.
- Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- Spread pie filling in a greased 8-in. x 8-in. square baking dish. Stir in 1 teaspoons cinnamon if not already included in pie filling. *Note: At this juncture, you may want to remove apples from their sauce and dice them up, then return. I find that though the apple flavor blends nicely, the whole apple slices frequently overpower the other components of the dish.
- Add chicken over the top of the pie filling, and then add the stuffing on top.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-8 minutes longer or just until top of stuffing browns just a bit and pie filling starts to bubble.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am completely in flux right now. I am hoping to move to NY and pursue a career in medicine. I am a pianist and a teacher, and love to cook and experiment with different things. My boyfriend is an opera singer in Brooklyn, and I hope to join him up there, and learn a lot more about international cuisine than I do in Texas! I haven't used too many cookbooks since I became addicted to 'Zaar. I find way too many interesting things on here to try, and it's great to have the reviews already there, too, to give some other ideas of additions or changes. I have also become a big fan of making my own spice rubs and sauces. I generally pull out 10 or 12 things from my cabinet, start smelling them, and then dumping them in as I feel the urge. I don't really have a favorite dish to cook, though one of my new personal favorites is my Strawberry Pork Tenderloin. I just love when I get to be in the kitchen all day. I have an iPod shuffle that I clip to my apron, and I frequently sing and dance in the kitchen while I cook! There is a restaurant in Houston called Raffa's, and they are absolutely fab. They make a pork dish with fresh rosemary and a raspberry sauce that was largely inspiration for the Strawberry Pork Tenderloin I love to make. Other than that, I love Chinese take-out in any form, and just found tons of new restaurants in New York that I totally love. The more I read of people on this site, the bolder I get at trying my own things in the kitchen. I used to be a "recipe only" gal, and followed them to the letter, but am finding it can be much more fun to create your own. The worst that can happen is you make the occasional flop, right? <a href='http://www.niftymaps.com/visitor-map.php?id=108814'><img src='http://i.niftymaps.com/108814.png' alt='Click to zoom in on my visitor map!' border='0'></a>Create your free world <a href='http://www.niftymaps.com/' target='_blank'>visitor maps</a> <img src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg" border="0" alt="Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="New Kids Participation Banner"> <IMG src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/zaarironchef-participantbanner-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src ="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/diner_photos/lazymecookathon.jpg">