Curried Pineapple Chicken
photo by _Pixie_
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish, or spray with cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in dish.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple, honey, mustard, curry, salt, ginger, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had to fiddle with this a bit since I knew my girls wouldn't eat the sauce, so I baked the chicken in the pineapple, then saved 4 oz of the pineapple juice and mixed with with half measurements of the other ingredients plus a little cornstarch to thicken it. We poured the sauce on our chicken and Hubby really really liked it.
We really enjoyed this, very good chicken. Next time I might double the amount of the pineapple mixture because it would have been nice to have more! I used skinless, bone-in chicken because it was what I had in the fridge, the cooking instructions seemed to work well for it too. Thanks for posting this, Terri F.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>When I joined Recipezaar in 2002, there were only 10,000 recipes, but I thought that was a LOT!! I quickly became addicted to this site and the friendly people I found here. Troy and Gay were the original owners of the site, and I miss them and their interaction with the members.</p> 8740471"