Hearty Hamburger Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Cook ground beef and onion in a 4 quart Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until beef if brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Break up tomatoes, heat to boiling, then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stir occasionally, until macaroni is tender.
- Top with cheese, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
One bowl of this soup, a piece of hard bread and you'll be stuffed. This was good and very filling! I added 1 extra cup of zucchini, 8 ounces frozen corn for the canned, a 15 ounce can of kidney beans as I did not have the smaller amount then topped my bowl with a little black pepper. This is a wonderful recipe to use that leftover head of cabbage in. Thank you for posting. Now, I'm going to make my way to the recliner. Made for *Healthy Choices ABC Tag 2009* game