Minty Grasshopper Pie
photo by mianbao
- Ready In:
- Mix melted butter with wafer crums and line a 9" pie plate with the crumbs.
- Melt marshmallows with milk in top of a double boiler.
- Cool, then add creme de menthe, creme de cacao, and whipped cream.
- Pour cream mixture over crust and put in freezer until firm.
- Will not freeze solid.
- Remove from freezer and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- You can sprinkle the top with additional chocolate crumbs if that's what you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was tasty. I used a premade cookie crust, so I ended up with excess filling. I put it in the freezer in a container, then mixed it with fresh whipped cream. I topped each pie piece with a dollop of the whip cream and some andes mint candy pieces. Yum! My mom used a recipe that included gelatin when I was kid that did not require freezer time and held up better for serving. This was very tasty, but I prefer the texture of the one using gelatin.
Cool and refreshing and so easy to whip up. I made this for a co-worker's birthday today and it was quickly and happily devoured. One girl said "It was crazy today and I was stressed but this pie put me in a happier place." I used crushed chocolate graham crackers for the crumbs but otherwise prepared exactly as written. DH is extremely happy with this pie!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Northern Alberta, grew up on a farm and was cooking meals for six since I was about ten. Now it's just me and my hubby and I love trying new recipes and foods. He's an excellent cook and we're always trying to outdo each other in the kitchen.