Gluten-Free Creamy Breakfast Rice Pudding
This was something I came up with this morning, because I was tired of nut/seed granola and cold milk. It turned out delicious! For a lower sugar content, try using a packet of stevia in place of the agave nectar. You could also substitute almond milk or even water for the milk.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground golden flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon apricot fruit spread
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 6 whole dry roasted almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Heat butter and rice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add milk and stir to mix, then add ground flaxseed and stir to mix for about 30 seconds.
- As the mixture begins to heat up, add the dried cranberries, the agave nectar and the fruit spread. Mix well.
- Allow the pudding to heat through until the rice and flaxseed have absorbed the milk. The mixture will become thick and creamy.
- Remove the pan from heat, scoop pudding into a bowl, and garnish with almonds, pumpkin seed kernels, and plain yogurt to taste.
- Feel free to substitute raisins for dried cranberries or other nuts/seeds for the topping. This would also be good with strawberry or blackberry fruit spread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was actually pretty good. I took it to work and cooked it in the microwave. I forget to take along the nuts, but next time, I'll use sliced almonds and mix them in. What a great use for leftover rice and a nice change from the granola or oatmeal that I normally eat for breakfast. Thanks for posting this Jainene! Made for New Kid on the Block Tag.Reply