Chocolate, Nut and Seed Granola Bars
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter (regular or natural both work)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil (canola oil may be substituted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 350º F. Line a 8"x8" baking pan with foil. Lightly grease foil with cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, oil and salt. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, sunflower nuts, chocolate chips, ground flax seed, chia seeds, and sesame seeds.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until evenly combined. Press into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love photographing any and all food. I also love creating delicious recipes for people (including myself!) on limited diets due to food intolerence. You can find these recipes, more of my food photos, and where to buy my cookbook on my blog Delicious as it Looks (www.deliciousasitlooks.com).