Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia
From Kitchn blog site.
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 tilapia fillets (about 3/4 pound)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon spicy sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- green onion, chopped for garnish
- extra cilantro, to garnish
- jasmine rice or brown rice
- Heat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.
- Place in a small food processor the jalapeno, garlic and ginger along with the soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil and cilantro. Process until blended.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, spreading and slightly pressing the solid ingredients down into the fish. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through.
- Remove the tilapia with a spatula and divide between two plates. Drizzle the fish with the marinade juices left in the pan. Serve with jasmine or brown rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a great recipe! I made as directed and my jalapeno was a hot one...fortunately DH and I like it that way. You know unless you taste the jalapeno before you don't know how hot it is (I did take the seeds and veins out). Definately will make this again for the flavor and this is such an easy dish and the cooking was right on. Thank you Gailanng for another wonderful dish! Made for 2013 Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game. P.S. served with recipe#347060#347060 and brown rice.