I created this dish in my own kitchen when trying to come up with a tasteful, low-calorie dinner. It's delicious!
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets, fresh
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil.
- Place the tilapia fillets in the pan.
- Sprinkle desired amount of garlic salt, cajun seasoning, and pepper over tilapia pieces.
- Press several sprigs of cilantro on top of each piece.
- Bake tilapia for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Enjoy alone or with lemon!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I'm eating my FIRST EVER attempt at any kind of fish. I chose this recipe because I like fish, I had never cooked it, and this seemed nice and easy! And it was! So quick to prepare, it literally took me a minute or so of prep time. The blend of spices is wonderful. Seeing as how I don't live close enough to the ocean to get fresh tilapia, the slightly-fresh frozen filets turned out great. I wrapped mine in foil-like a boat- and coated both sides of the fish with olive oil, leaving some oil in the bottom of each foil "boat." I put on my desired amount of spices, and added a dash of lemon juice and put it in the oven for about ten minutes. It turned out fabulous. Thanks for helping to make my first attempt at cooking fish a successful one! I will definitely be using this recipe again!