German Chocolate Caramel Bars
- Ready In:
- 2 (18 ounce) boxes German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Mix the 1st cake mix with 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter and 1/3 cup of evaporated milk.
- Press this into a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 mins or until top is flaky. (It depends on your oven, my oven is weird so I always have to take a fork to the top and kind of pull a little back to see if it's still gooey in the middle).
- Melt entire bag of caramels with 1/3 cup evaporated milk until smooth.
- Pour over the first layer after it is finished baking.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the Carmel. (you can use as many as you want to).
- Mix 2nd cake mix with other 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Because of the melted Carmel you won't be able to spread this over the top for the second layer so you have to make it into patties and lay them on top.
- Once the second layer is on top, Bake for another 18 mins or until the top is flaky.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!