photo by StaceyH74
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix or (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white vanilla chip
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, chopped into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 32 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the cake mix, oil, and eggs; stir to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips, vanilla chips, and candy bar pieces (mixture will be thick).
- Press half the mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add the margarine, caramels, and condensed milk.
- Cook over med-low heat until the caramels melt and mixture is smooth, stir frequently.
- Pour caramel mixture over baked crust; spread evenly.
- Crumble remaining cake mix mixture over the caramel layer.
- Place back in the oven; bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is set and edges are deep golden brown.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around sides of pan to loosen bars.
- Cool 40 minutes.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!