Fresh Strawberry Icebox Pie
photo by Cupcake-Princess
- Ready In:
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completley before filling.
- For filling: In a medium saucepan stir together sugar, cranberry juice, 2 cups strawberries, cornstarch, and salt. Using a potato masher, gently mash strawberries.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook, stirring frequently until very thick, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in remaining strawberries. Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Chill pie until set, at least 4 hours. Spread some whipped cream over pie leaving a 1 inch boarder around edge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't really like to cook that much, but I love to bake. My favorite thing to do is bake yummy homemade cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and more. I enjoy eating bake goods as much as making them! I have a sweet Miniature Schnazer named Oliver that we adopted from the animal shelter. I like to collect old cookbooks, the oldest one I have is from 1913. My favorite magazines are Bon Appitite and Martha Stewart's Every Day Food. I just became a Certified Nursing Assistant. Around my house i'm known as the pissed off baker because when I bake you better stay out of the kitchen!!!