Strawberry-Banana Icebox Pie
photo by Sheryl L.
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry-banana gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 mashed slightly overripe banana
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup ice
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, for topping (divided)
- 8 halved strawberries (to garnish) or 8 bananas, slices (to garnish)
- 1.In a medium bowl, combine Jello powder with 2/3 cup boiling water. Stir until powder is completely dissolved. Place 1/2 cup ice into.
- a measuring cup and top to 1 cup with cold water. Add to the Jello mixture and stir until ice is almost melted. Discard ice.
- 2 With a spoon,mix Jello mixture, Banana extract, mashed banana and 2/3 tub of Cool Whip .Use a whip after mixed,to make a.
- smooth mixture. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Top with 1/2 remaining tub cool whip and.
- halved strawberries . If using Banana slices for garnish,dip each slice in lemon juice,first,to avoid discoloration.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!