French Omelet With Spinach & Swiss Cheese
This French omelet offers a smoother, tender texture. Simultaneously shaking the pan and stirring the eggs vigorously, you will notice that the curds are smaller than other omelets. From Cuisine.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup sauteed spinach, drained
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 strip lemon peel
- Whip eggs, liquid and seasonings.
- Melt butter in a 10" non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Immediately begin shaking the pan while making small, quick stirring motions with the bottom of a fork.
- Remove from heat when eggs no longer run but are still quite moist.
- Add cheese and spinach to top half of omelet.
- Fold in half and invert onto a plate.
- Tuck the thin edges under the omelet if desired.
- Let rest 1 minute.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a strip of lemon peel.
- Makes one omelet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation