Fluffy Omelette With Ham, Spinach and Swiss Cheese
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 slices shaved ham, torn roughly
- 1⁄4 cup grated lowfat swiss cheese
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the milk and combine. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to medium soft peaks. Gently fold into the egg yolk mixture. Set aside (do not allow to sit for too long).
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil spray and place over medium heat. Add the baby spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from pan and wipe pan clean. Spray pan again and return to the heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes or until surface is nearly firm. Place the ham, spinach and cheese over half the omelette, then fold over the other side to enclose the filling. Serve immediately. Repeat ingredients and method for additional omelettes.
Join The Conversation
Lovely, fresh taste that I really enjoyed. I think I made my egg whites to stiff which made for a great tasting, light, fluffy omelette but it was impossible for me to turn as you can see from the photo so next time I'll watch that closer. I used bacon instead of ham as that's what I had and added sauted onions to the mix. A breakfast I enjoyed and will make again. Made for Eating Well in the Photo Forum.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Keilor Downs, Victoria in Australia. I am a receptionist in Melbourne. My favorite cook books are anything Weight Watchers or Simply 2 good 2 be true also any muffin or scone cook books. I love cooking easy stuff but I love a challange ocasionaly on the weekends when i have a bit more time. My pet peeve is how much capsicum/bell peppers are in recipes now as i am elergic to them.