Dark, Rich, Creamy, Dense Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie!
Sweet and Oh so GOOOOOOOD layered pie! Will fill that crave for rich chocolate.
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked and cooled
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
Peanut butter layer:
- Heat peanut butter in micro just to soften.
- Stir in powdered sugar till smooth. Pour and spread into prepared pie shell.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart pyrex measuring cup.
- Combine egg yolks and milk add to dry ingredients.
- Cook in micro, whisking occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Microwave for 1 minute more.
- Remove from micro, whisk pie mixture smooth.
- Whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips, stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour over peanut layer.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with your choice and do enjoy! :).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We did like this pie and it really is rather guilt free, no cream or butter there. Chocolate and peanut butter is a marriage made in heaven, but maybe that absence of sinful fats made this pie just a little heavy and gluey textured. All that chocolate did not help to make it mouth melting and sweet enough.Reply
see 4 more