Crock Pot Ginger Teriyaki Pork Chops
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1⁄3 cup kikkoman marinade or 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 center-cut pork loin chops (I used boneless) or 4 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick trimmed of fat (I used boneless)
- Mix Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and ginger together.
- Place chops in crock pot.
- Pour sauce over the chops.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- (edited d/t great reviews:).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am sorry to say that these were very overcooked after 8 hours on low. I left them to go to work, and when I came home 8 hours later, the outer 3/4 of the chops was completely dried out. The inside of the chops, while still fairly dried out, did taste good. My son said it was like teriyaki beef jerky, which is a compliment! I would highly recommend changing the recommended cooking time from 8-10 hours to 6-7 hours. I will try this again at a much shorter time, because I can tell that the flavors are all there, its just the long cooking time that is off. Also there isn't enough marinade to cover the chops, so I may double it so they are completely submerged in the liquid.
An easy and delicious recipe. It did not turn out as deeply coloured or flavourful as I would have liked so maybe it was the teriyaki sauce that I used. Next time I will add more sauce. As suggested by a previous reviewer I added some chopped garlic and also sliced an onion over the chops. Definitely will try this again. Thanks, Starlita.